Dr. Charina Andang Bailon
Meet Dr. Bailon
Dr. Charina Andang Bailon completed her Doctor of Dental Medicine at the Centro Escolar University, Manila,
Philippines in 1991, and passed the licentiate examinations in the same year. Prior to that, in 1987, she had obtained her
preparatory in dentistry from one of the most highly acclaimed schools in the southern part of the Philippines: the
Ateneo de Davao University.
She had been a resident dentist at the Sultan Kudarat Provincial Hospital in the Philippines for 3 years (1992-1995), and managed her own private clinic in her hometown. She attended the School of Dentistry at UCLA, UOP, UCSF, and Duggan Review Center. In April, 2007, she got her license for Doctor of Dental Medicine. She then worked as an associate dentist in several different dental offices around the Bay Area which provided her with an array of experiences in dealing with all kinds of patients. Eventually, in 2009, she established her own clinic here in Newark.
Dr. Bailon exemplifies hard work and dedication towards her craft. She considers each patient more like her family. She has a ready smile for everyone who comes in the office. She makes sure that every patient is given the time and attention that they need. She listens to their concerns and fully explains the treatment plan before any procedures.
To keep up with the latest trends and innovations in the dental care, Dr. Bailon attends and participates in many conventions and conferences. Her membership in various dental organizations open opportunities for her to mingle with her colleagues - providing an avenue for professional and healthy discussions.
Dr. Bailon is a member of:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- The Alameda Dental Society
- US Dental Institute (USDI)
Dr. Bailon is also very passionate about giving back to the community by providing missionary and community outreach work. Each year, she and a few alumni colleagues travel back to the Philippines to provide free dental care to poor, impoverished villagers who have no access to dental care. Here, in America, she volunteers as a teacher at local dental schools.
Dr. Charina Bailon
Our team is composed of well-trained professionals: highly experienced and dedicated to patient care. We are committed to providing you with the highest standards of care possible. Should you have any questions regarding our services, our educated staff is always available and ready to assist you in your needs.
Dr. Bailon with Patient
Kids' Paint Wall
Our goal is to help patients achieve and maintain optimal dental care in a quiet and clean environment. We have innovative operatories equipped with the latest in technologies such as:
- iTero®: A digital oral scanner for Crowns, Bridges and Invisalign®
- Digital X-ray: which reduces exposure to radiation and allows patients to view their own records instantly for better understanding of the procedures and treatment done by the doctor.
- Ultrasonic Cavitron Scaler: removes calculus (tarter) and bacteria from below the gum line and smooths rough root surfaces.
- Computerized Data Management: for easy and secure management of our patients' data.
For the protection and safety of our patients, our office maintains high infection control standards. We strictly follow and even surpass all the guidelines set by the Center for Disease Control, OSHA and the American Dental Association.Here are some of our protective procedures:
- Heat sterilizing instruments and hand pieces after every patient.
- Monitoring sterilization techniques to guarantee effectiveness.
- Cleaning and disinfecting the chair, counters and other surface areas after every patient.
- Using disposable (single use) products.
- Wearing disposable clinic gowns and face shields or masks.
- Changing to a new pair of disposable gloves after every patient.
- Continuing education of our team and modernization of techniques to assure your health and safety.
We believe in keeping rates affordable, so patients can get the quality they deserve. In order to assist you with the investment in your dental health, we have the following payment policy:
We accept cash, debit, personal checks, and credit cards (Visa and MasterCard):
- Option 1: Full Payment at Time of Service
- Option 2: Payment Plan – Fees divided into two or three equal payments.
We are committed to helping you maximize your insurance benefits. We are contracted/in-network with most PPO Insurance Plans and several HMO Plans. We do our best to provide you with accurate coverage estimates. Due to vast variety and ever-changing nature of insurance benefits, it is almost impossible to accurately estimate a patient’s insurance co-payment. Many insurance companies do not release fee information until after treatment is completed and billed. Dealing with insurance companies is difficult and as a courtesy, we ask that you please keep us informed of any changes in your insurance coverage as they occur.
“Like a Credit Card, but Better!”
As a leader in America’s patient payment plans, CareCredit® allows you to get the treatment you need immediately. CareCredit works like a credit card, but is exclusively used for healthcare services (dental, medical, vision, or chiropractic care).
- Low minimum monthly payments
- No up-front costs
- No annual fees
- No pre-payment penalties
- No-Interest Financing (12-18-24 months)
If you have any questions about financing, billing or insurance, please contact us any time.